Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Single and Ready to Mingle

The last thing I said to Skippy was a comment on his Facebook/Twitter photo of his hospital bands. His comment was that he did hospital crawls, not bar crawls. He was so avant garde. :)

The comment I left said I gave him my full permission to hit on all the cute nurses. And to give all the doctors my phone numbers. I was single and ready to mingle. :) Part of me would like to speak with those doctors and nurses to make sure they know how much of an incredible person and friend Skippy was and what saying goodbye to him is like. Another part of me says that they probably already now because Skippy had a way of making an entrance.

That comment pretty much sums our friendship. We've always joked that there was no line to cross. But if there was a line to cross the majority of our comments probably would have crossed it. With Skippy there was no filter (for those of you who really know me, you know this is true). We were open and honest with each other. It was Skippy. He wasn't going to love you less because you were honest. 

Skippy--you already know this, but I'm still single and ready to mingle buddy.

-Kate Westercamp

1 comment:

  1. He knows you're ready to mingle and he's going to make sure that you don't end up with a douchebag.
    Maybe you should try an online site? Like eHarmony or something? ;)

    ReplyDelete