Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No one had a bigger heart

I have a thousand memories of Skippy; it's difficult to pick only one to write about. So I won't. I'll share a few snapshots of my favorite Skippy moments, and what I loved about him most:
  • The pair of hipster glasses - with no prescription - that he wore as an accessory to a favorite jacket
  • How he'd always squeal "Cherrybomb!" and give me a giant bear hug whenever we saw each other
  • The famous 'Happy Pimpin Friday!' texts that never failed to arrive
  • The way he accepted everyone just as they were. Always.
  • He rarely turned down an invitation to hang out, and was usually the first to arrive and the last to leave.
  • Watching Anchorman together at my apartment shortly after we met, giggling and snorting with laughter through the entire movie
  • His fierce loyalty to his friends
  • The way he immediately befriended my future husband, welcoming him into our Des Moines group with open arms
  • Meeting up with him for lunch while I was in Denver for business back in the summer of 2007, shortly after I'd moved to Seattle. He was the first face from home that I'd seen since I left Iowa.
  • How much he loved his Red Bull vodkas :-)
  • Dancing with him (and his fedora) at Nicole and Brian's wedding last summer
  • Admiring how he always followed his heart. I was SO incredibly happy for him for moving back to Dever a second time.
  • His ability to bring large groups of strangers together who, many times, became friends with each other
  • His love of dogs
  • His gigantic heart, which he wore on his sleeve
I could go on and on. I know we all could. That might be what I loved the most about Skippy ... there was so incredibly much to love.

--Angela "Cherrybomb" Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment